Act On Your Dream! > Famous Quotations > Euripides Quotations
Euripides was a Greek dramatist - (c. 484 B.C. - 406 B.C.).
From Wikipedia: Euripides was the last of the three great tragedians of classical Athens (the other two being Aeschylus and Sophocles).
Famous Quotations by Euripides
The following quotes are some of the most popular and famous quotes attributed to Euripides.
- Much effort, much prosperity.
- The wisest men follow their own direction.
- Toil, says the proverb, is the sire of fame.
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
- Judge a tree from its fruit, not from its leaves.
- The company of just and righteous men is better than wealth and a rich estate.
- Every man is like the company he is wont to keep.
- Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.
- I care for riches, to make gifts
To friends, or lead a sick man back to health
With ease and plenty. Else small aid is wealth
For daily gladness; once a man be done
With hunger, rich and poor are all as one.
- Leave no stone unturned.
- The language of truth is simple.
- There is one thing alone
that stands the brunt of life throughout its course:
a quiet conscience.
- Slight not what's near through aiming at what's far.
- When good men die their goodness does not perish,
But lives though they are gone. As for the bad,
All that was theirs dies and is buried with them.
- Song brings of itself a cheerfulness that wakes the heart of joy.
- Along with success comes a reputation for wisdom.
- Ill-gotten wealth is never stable.
- Joint undertakings stand a better chance when they benefit both sides.
- Nothing has more strength than dire necessity.
- Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends.
- Wealth stays with us a little moment if at all; only our characters are steadfast, not our gold.
- Who dares not speak his free thoughts is a slave.
- God helps him who strives hard.
- Fortune truly helps those who are of good judgment.
Where do I go from here?
Return to Famous Quotations.
Return to Act On Your Dream home page, search this site, or browse our Site Map.
Like us and leave a comment
Share this page with your friends